It's a normal condition for most people to lose between 75 to 100 hair's per day. The normal cycle for a persons hair growth can last between 2-6 years, the scalp can re-grow new hairs in about 12 weeks. However, many people will lose more than 100 strands per day, the fact remains you will find a growing number of men and women who experience hair fall and the numbers are growing every day.
Experts agree that most people who are losing their hair are not even aware that it is happening. Most people are so nonchalant about their loss that they do not even notice they are slowly losing their hair, and most hair loss sufferers would have no idea, if it were not for comments from loved ones or people aground them.
Where is my hair going?
If you believe that you are one of those people who are susceptible to baldness, you must first know the types of baldness. Especially if you want to fix and reverse the problem.
1. The first type of hair loss is usually identified as male pattern baldness, also known as androgenic alopecia. Both men and women who experience this type of hair thinning not only have slow growth of hair but also experience weaker strands of hair growth. This type of loss is typically linked to heredity issues, and if you are one of these types of sufferers, there is little that could be done to reverse the problem.
2. The second type of baldness is Cicatricial alopecia or also known as “scarring alopecia”. This type of balding is permanent and can not be reversed. Scarring alopecia a result of inflammation of the scalp and causes scar tissue to form on top of the scalp. As an example the hair follicle is damaged to the point of scaring and because of the scaring process prevented new hair from growing from beneath.
3. Alopecia Areata is a type of hair loss caused by an auto immune disease, although this type of hair loss is known scientifically, the cause has | not yet been determined.
People who suffer from Alopecia Areata are generally healthy people and experts say that it could have been linked to either nutrition, or environmental conditions.
4. There is a type of baldness that causes a change in the normal hair growing cycle and is known as Telogen Effluvium. This type of hair loss happens when there is a severe shock that occurs to the system either mentally or physically.Telogen Effluvium causes the hair to premierely go into the resting phase within the hair's normal growth cycle. This shock must be sufficient enough to cause a noticeable reaction to everyday life such as severe depression, pregnancy, or disease.
5. Another type of hair loss that a person can experience is traction alopecia. This type of hair loss is caused by an increased amount of pressure from hair styles that puts tension on the scalp, by pulling on the roots of the hair traction alopecia causing the root to weakened there by disabling the root from growing healthy hair.